Monday, February 21, 2011

Today is a FAIRYTALE

It was already 12 in the midnight , and I can't sleep yet.... I turned on my music player and played the song 'Best in Me'. I started to remember those happy scenes in my memoir archive and its coming soon deadline.. I tried not to think about it cause it felt like my heart is crumpled into pieces, I'm leaving high schoolsoon, I'm leaving everything in High school soon, my classmates, my teachers, my clubs, my bestfriends, my childhood friend, my special friend and things you only get to have in High school, tears started to fall down, I was trying to stop it but I failed to do so, it continued flowing, and then played next... 'I can't find the words to goodbye', which made things harder, it made me cry harder, I was like a child left in a dark room with cat sized rats all over the place. An hour had passed, still my eyes were as active as the owl's. I keep on turning and changing my position, still nothing happened. I closed my eyes for the last time and tried to sleep, still nothing happened. Another hour had passed, and my mind started to get exhausted, I was sleepy, and I did, I was able to fall asleep.

'Toot, toot!'the sound of the car waked me up, my mom and dad is already on their way to the church, I evacuated my bed and said a morning prayer. I was, honestly, I was excited to go to school today. Reasons? well first, I'm excited to submit my short story(which was done in just 3 hours, well due to great inspiration), and to let my friends read it and see their reactions, second, I'm gonna have the chance to give him my gift which was supposed to be given 2 months ago.

I arrived at 7:09 am in school, I went straight to the canteen and have my 4 paged short story photocopied. After a few minutes, he arrived at the canteen, we sat on the table, and talked for a while, I hand him one copy of the story... opened my bag and gave him my gift making sure that he opens it right afterwe go to our respective classes.

It was a Monday morning, first day of the week, 3 days after prom, he brought me to my room, and there I started to share the magic I witnessed during my last dance and and everything 'fairytale-like' that happened to me that day. My classmates and I went downstairs as the bell rang. Oh well, would I be surprised?I was again tasked to lead the Panunumpa sa Watawat ng Pilipinas, so I did, afterwhich, sermons followed which took about 10 minutes. First subject was idle, our teacher was not around so we took the chance to plan for our upcoming variety show, but while the planning is going o, my seatmate and I keeps on chattering about what happened last Saturday. Second subject, and all wen smoot, the activity was easy, not to worry about. Third subject, Math, we checked the test papers and after had all time talking about my seatmate's love story... My teacher wasn't really busy so I tried to hand him a copy of my written short story... I glanced at him as he read it, and Im glad seeing him smile, its as if he could relate, that was a great compliment. Math was over and here comes Physics, same, the activity was easy. The teacher check and distributed the test papers. Lunchtime. Before I went home for lunch, I passed by our moderator's office to submit my story and 2nd place essay piece, I was touched when they keep on saying how beautiful my gown in and how nice of me to create it... They were even asking me to design their dress for the next prom.

I went home, turned on the compute rand updated my status on fb at the same time let my frustrations out for that self centered person who reported me on fb for tagging and uploading pictures. I tried to eat lunch as fast as I could cause I promised to see him during lunchtime, he texted me and I said I'm coming. When I arrived at the entrance of the school, there he was waiting for me, he walked me through and I passed by the faculty to lend my teacher a jogging pants and a shirt. After, I told himm to use the stairs nearest to our classroom, but he insisted, so I came with him, I started to sense something, I tried to step back as he step forward but he stops whenever I do so I committed to it, I went with him. As we reached the third floor, my heart beat faster, it's like Im getting really anxious and nervous and I dont know ! When I turned to the corner, he held my hand and lead me to their class room (ooops!) my favorite song was playing 'Crazy For You' and his classmates were on the same place, almost everyone of them are present. I was so surprised, I don't know what to do, he walked me through the circle of chairs with the symbol I <3 U on the center, he let me sit on one of the chairs and he kneeled, held my hands and looked at me and said 'pwede pa ba?'.................. I was wordless, I don't know what to say, I was confused, I was happy, I said 'YES'

After all, I was still in awe, I was shocked, I still can;t get over it. It was like a Fairytale, a perfect Dream. Well honestly, I just see things like those in my daydreams.... I can't believe it all turned to reality. WOW ! I felt soooo lucky.

This is such a perfect day. Something I only see in my wildest imagination. Everything was impeccable.

I ended the day out, getting wet, thanks to the rain ! but it was ok, I passed the exam, and I sure am ready for college.

Now, I still can't believe everything that had happened...... it keeps running through my mind....

'TODAY IS LIKE A FAIRYTALE'

No comments:

Post a Comment