Sunday, January 10, 2010

MARGA is the name


I was born not knowing what the world is expecting from a newborn child like me, all I knew was that, my parents welcomed me in their life. Life? What is it ?, I have heard inconsistencies, different meaning, countless comparisons and unique representation, ask me and I will tell you, that life, life is defined when your living it. I say, life is a momentous privilege, every moment counts. Victory, defeat, pleasure, sorrow, abundance, excitement, hindrance- embrace it and you would say, “Life is everything!”



One of a kind, there will never be another me. I am a walking stick, and I mean it, a stick yet sophisticated, the best stick you’ll ever see. A good posture I have, unique beauty embodied, and upright body controlled. I stand straight with dignity, walk with self-satisfaction, talk with humility, think with creativeness and act with wisdom.

I am a two sided person, compassionate and atrocious. I lend a hand when needed, generous in the midst of scarcity, considerate in certain situations. I cannot be a one sided person mocking up a perfect girl. I am terrible when pissed off and a wall you would not want to bump into.

Popularity is nothing when personality is missing. Well, that made me popular in class. I declare myself “the wisest stupid alive”. The laughingstock, the good leader, the competitive, hardworking, intelligent student, the good friend adviser and the stupid one, that’s who I am in class. I would never forget how these lines made me smile; “a strong person in spite of all the challenges and teasing thrown after you.”-anonymous

I am an active student, I shall say. Making projects exercises my mind, walking on stage staggers my soul, speaking in front of the crowd fulfills me. That’s why, when given a chance to join competitions, hesitation is unusual and a “yes! Of course!” would be particular.

Playing makes my life colorful, though I may not be the best player who always wins, I can be a childlike player who acts immature in the moment of fooling around. I love to play ‘tigso’, ‘luksong-tinik’, ‘mcdo-mcdo’ and ‘tagaanay’. In times, probably, you would see me running amuck with kids under my age. I don’t know what makes me playful, but one thing is for sure; playing is one way of looking back in the past which made me the person I am today, it is a sentimental feeling that makes me feel younger and far away from the real world, full of judgment, complications and pressures.

Different places are of new experiences. To travel means a lot to me, I’ve been to many places since I was a kid, , from local places like, Cagayan, Dipolog, Bohol, Cebu, Iloilo, Capiz, Manila and Baguio to foreign places like, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, China and Hong Kong. And I realized that the world is too big to handle and the people are with different perspectives, thus, hard to unite. Thank God for giving me the opportunity to witness His wonderful work of art.

At home, life is complicated. As of now, my daily routine goes like this; “sleep and eat and sleep and eat”. I’m neither good at household chores nor familiar with it but at least I am a helpful sister, I sew my older brother’s rotten shorts, massage him after his day on the gym and help my younger brother in his school works, not to mention, I seldom make his projects. Though I am reprimanded most of the time, I still am useful; I am my mother’s assistant and my father’s secretary.

Here’s a confession, sometimes, school is better than home. Now I go sentimental, sometimes I feel like I don’t belong. I’m pressuring myself too much because I don’t want to be a ‘nobody’ in the family. I want to prove something, I want my family to be proud of me and I want them to see me grow up as the daughter they want to have. There’s a feeling inside of me that I can’t show and up to now I’m still searching for an answer to soothe me.

Happiness is a bird I can’t catch. I never heard of a never-ending happiness, it would always be stolen. It’s nowhere to be found. Sometimes, I prefer not to smile, not to be happy, cause I know it hurts much to be happy most of the time.


I was once the child new and unknown to life, now I am the stronger person standing up for myself, living life to its fullest!


No comments:

Post a Comment