I've had a walk over several countries. And the moment I step in this land where I'm standing right now, I could not but feel sorry for my motherland. Well, its not that I'm ashamed of it, just that I pity the sad plight of this nation. And so I began asking myself, why can't we lift up ourselves and move as one towards progress and development?
Our country is.... is just...
We are stacked in a dispute along with our own yearning. We are stacked in this sick government! Our system is nothing but a waste of time yet still, it was never efficient. We have numerous leaders from the palace down to the barangays, to work things out but still nothing happens. We have 7,107 islands to develop still thousands of it remains idle. We have all the resources to maximize yet plenty are squandered... we never got the chance to make use of it! It was always reserved for others.... always exported! And then, what is left for us? for the Filipinos struggling to survive life in this sick country?
Bitter! but real. I can never blame why some Filipinos are ashamed to be called one. Another grim fact. This will never change unless the system of the country does.
And where do we start the change?
First: within ourselves, for we are a citizen of the country, only one, but who knows? we can be the change we need, we can be the progress we long for.
Second: appreciate what is there install for us. We can never push ourselves from acquiring things impossible for us to grasp, therefore, we must try to maximize every little thing around us and use it as a weapon towards the battle for the great change.
Third: step forward not backward. If we always look back on how tragic the system of our county is and how discriminated we are because of it then the battle towards change is long then, lost, thus to step forward means to face the challenge with heads held high.
Fourth: stay focused. We can only reach our destination if we know where we are heading, therefore every action must be defined as a step closer to our goal.
Fifth: create within us our ideal society. If our government could not provide us one, then why wait for them? If the society that we dream for is the opposite of what we currently have now, then it won't be long, and our call will soon be heard by all.
Sixth: Let's stick with our principle. If it be change that we want then so shall we show everyone that we do want it, avoid temptations that will change our path, be not blinded by the money handed by those demons who cares for no one but their own selfish selves. They are nothing but greedy people in this society who thirst for power and take advantage of those vulnerable citizen.
Seventh: Stand up. Let us not keep those aliens continue to degrade and look down on our weakness, if we continually show them the consistent vulnerability of our flight then they'll keep stepping forward and us? backward. As much as we can, let's prove them our worth, we are no slaves, we are now warriors.
Eighth: Think beyond borders. Cut the limits out, we've been too conservative, we've been too afraid to take the risk and see some flaws. What we need is to liberate some things, liberate the way we look at things. If not beyond what is inside the box, then we will be nothing but those who follow what is there invented by others, and we then are what? called followers? copycats? dependent? That's what's gonna happen if we stick to what is there within the box. Liberate. Liberate.
I guess I've said everything, well if not, then I'll write it soon. Just want to speak as a youth who is after the welfare of the country, the sad plight of the country. For if not, then I would be but a useless citizen who allows tragedy to dominate the borders of this country, I would be but a crap looking at things which I know I could change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

To change a country you have to first change its people- from the top to bottom. To change the Philippines, you need to change 1) The chronic laziness and disregard for laws that the Filipinos have. 2) The attitudes of the Filipinos (tying in with the first point) towards government, work, poverty, and wealthiness. To do so, however, would require a spiritual revival (a Christian revival) because only Jesus can so change a person in that way.
ReplyDelete