Hi there! How are you? Have you finished eating dinner? Or perhaps, watched the news? And! Since it Christmas' season, were you able to shop for lots of discounted trending stuffs for yourself? Nah, I don't want you to think, how much of a gossip girl I am to ask how comfortable your life has been recently, instead I just want to ask you questions that would make you reflect on how much you have been so blessed these past few days. I know, it sounds kinda 'cliche-formatted-self-reflection- question' and I know you're asking what the hell I'm talking about. To tell you the truth, I'm just disappointed , really disappointed. Perhaps, you've heard about the news? I'm talking about the BAD news here. I bet you know, how many lives were harvested recently by Bagyong Sendong. The media has been advertising consistently to ask for donations and assistance for the victims and I just want to ask if you heard such. If yes, how did you respond to it? If no, hmmm, I don't think it's a no, maybe it was an INTENTIONAL no. Sorry if I just hit you, or offended you or if I just caught you in the middle of 'pretending-not-to-hear-and-acting-like-nothing-was-heard-and-go-on-as-if-you-don't-have-the-heart-to-care'. Anyway, it's Chrismas dude, season of loving, sharing, forgiving, GIVING and many more. But to associate it well to the present condition, let's just simply say, christmas is the season of GIVING. GIVING. GIVING. GIVING. Awww, I'm just too all over around the place, my thoughts are just everywhere, they're flowing so fast I don't know where to start and how to say what I truly intend to say. Maybe its just like this, I pity and my heart cries for those people who take for granted the opportunity to help, even if they know they can and they have the 'haves' to share.
Yah I know, I'm tooo emotional here. This just all came from a simple text conversation. So tell me, how would you feel if you try to ask for help personally and then that person you're asking help fromtells you... 'WHY ME?'
To answer that question, YOU beacuse, I believe you CAN, unfortunately... I was so wrong, so wrong. Sorry if I meant it this way, but you know what? You're lucky to have what you have right now, you're lucky to be seen as someone who CAN, but you are unlucky to dispossess the will to share what you always have. And I feel sorry for you. To you who can't, I won't be mad at you, instead. I just want you to put your shoes unto them and try to feel how they are right now.
That's basically it. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
-fromthe writer who wants to adress this letter to those people who have the 'haves to help, may you appreciate how lucky you are not to be in the position of those victims and may that fortune open your eyes to share and help-

No comments:
Post a Comment